LOUIS VUITTON TAMBOUR CARPE DIEM
With this striking, vanitas-inspired timepiece, Louis Vuitton has returned the jacquemart to its original functionality: with the push of a button, the automata reveal the time through a clever interplay of the dial’s miniature skull and snake while emitting Horace’s famous words “Carpe Diem”. Rich in symbolism, the Tambour Carpe Diem has multiple, highly sophisticated complications such as a jumping hour and retrograde minute, with enamel elements by Anita Porchet and engraving by Dick Steenman.
TAMBOUR CURVE GMT FLYING TOURBILLON This new version of the Tambour Curve Flying Tourbillon expands upon the original with the addition of a GMT complication, allowing for a second time-zone display on the dial. With its flying tourbillon in the shape of Gaston-Louis Vuitton’s signature V, this contemporary timepiece is a true ode to the timeless art of travel.
- LV 525 Calibre: mechanical movement with manual winding, developed and assembled by La Fabrique du Temps Louis Vuitton
- Jacquemart mechanism featuring 4 animations, jumping hour, retrograde minute hand, power reserve indicator
- 426 components
- 100 hours of power reserve
- 21,600 oscillations per hour
- 48 jewels
- 18K pink gold case and horns
- 18K pink gold hand-carved crown and push-piece, push-piece set with 2 rubies
- 46.8 mm diameter
- 14.42 mm thickness
- Domed anti-reflection sapphire crystal Water-resistant to 30 m Dial Enamel and miniature hand-painting by Anita Porchet (dial, snake & teeth) Hand engravings by Dick Steenman (dial, snake, skull, teeth & hourglass)
- Hourglass made of curved glass
- Dial set with a brilliant-cut diamond
- Black alligator strap
- 18K pink gold double folding buckle 1 brilliant-cut diamond for ~0.02 carat and 2 rubies for ~0.01 carat.